Flight and Operational Medicine (FOMC)
Flight and Operational Medicine Clinic (FOMC)
Walk-in services are non-urgent visits with a nurse or medical technician using approved protocols. Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., for the following services:
Return-to-fly (RTF) clearance is by virtual appointment, please call 402-232-2273, option 1 to schedule
- Urinary Tract Infection symptoms in females over age 18-64 (urinary frequency, burning or urgency). If accompanied by back/side/flank pain, please book an appointment with your provider. Please note that it can take 1-2 hours to receive your lab results
- Wart treatments after initial provider visit and establish plan of care
- Pregnancy testing if you meet the following criteria:
- Positive home pregnancy test or more than one week late for menstrual cycle
- No more than one walk-in pregnancy test will be authorized within a seven day timeframe
- Walk-in services are only for qualitative testing (positive or negative)
- Routine medication injections, such as depo-provera, B12, testosterone
- Follow-up suture or staple removal
- Provider-directed blood pressure checks
Annual PHA/Flight Physical Requirements – Get Started Today!
Web-Health Assessment: Complete prior to scheduling appointment.
- Air Force: https://asimsimr.health.mil/
- Sister Services must Complete online assessment and receive clearance from BOMC staff before scheduling PHA and audiogram
Mental Health Assessment: Phone interview completed after online PHA completed. Air Force Non-flyers contact appointment line at 402-232-2273
to schedule. Flyers will have MHA completed as part of their PHA appointment.
Audiogram: Contact appointment line at 402-232-2273
Labs and Immunizations: Identified requirements are emailed to patients prior to the exam date.
- Civil Service and Non-appropriated fund pre-employment physicals are scheduled through Base Operational Medicine Clinic at email@example.com
- ROBD Testing (reduced oxygen breathing device): Previously referred to as “Altitude Chamber” Testing is conducted by the Aerospace Physiology Flight at 402-294-4400
- Occupational Health Exams and Firefighter Physicals: Contact Public Health at 402-232-3474 to schedule exam
FAA physicals cannot be completed here. They must be examined by an FAA-designated Aviation Medical Examiner. Please go to https://www.faa.gov/
, click on "Licenses & Certificates," then "Medical Certification" for link to local Aviation Medical Examiners in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.