Flight and Operational Medicine (FOMC)
COVID-19 tests are available Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m. for symptomatic and asymptomatic/surveillance tests. Report to the COVID clinic on the ground floor of the main clinic; follow the floor decals for testing. Test results are returned within 2-3 days and posted on the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
Online booking of Primary Care appointments is now available through the MHS GENESIS Patient Portal
. Please be sure to book in the Air Force Medicine Offutt Flight Medicine
clinic. Click View Patient Information/PCM to verify your assigned PCM.
Walk-in services are non-urgent visits with a nurse or medical technician using approved protocols. Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 0800 - 1300 for the following services:
Return-to-fly (RTF) clearance is by virtual appointment; please call 402-232-2273, option 1 to schedule
- Pregnancy testing if you meet the following criteria:
- Positive home pregnancy test or more than one week late for menstrual cycle
- No more than one walk-in pregnancy test will be authorized within a seven day timeframe
- Walk-in services are only for qualitative testing (positive or negative)
- Provider-directed blood pressure checks
- Routine medication injections, such as depo-provera, B12, testosterone
- Strep/Sore Throat (as the primary symptom) for less than 10 days
- Suture or staple removal, dressing changes
- Urinary Tract Infection symptoms in females over age 18-64 (urinary frequency, burning or urgency)
- If accompanied by back/side/flank pain, please book an appointment with your provider
- Male patients, please schedule an appointment
- Wart treatments after initial provider visit and establish plan of care
Annual PHA/Flight Physical Requirements – Get Started Today!
Web-Health Assessment: Complete prior to scheduling appointment.
Mental Health Assessment:
- Air Force: https://asimsimr.health.mil/
- Sister Services must Complete online assessment and receive clearance from BOMC staff before scheduling PHA and audiogram
Phone interview completed after online PHA completed. Air Force Non-flyers contact the appointment line at 402-232-2273 to schedule. Flyers will have MHA completed as part of their PHA appointment.
Contact appointment line at 402-232-2273 to schedule.
Labs and Immunizations:
Identified requirements are emailed to patients prior to the exam date.
Civil Service and Non-Appropriated Fund pre-employment physicals, Occupational Health Exams and Firefighter Physicals: Contact the Flight Medicine Clinic at 402-232-6328 to schedule exam.
ROBD Testing (reduced oxygen breathing device): Previously referred to as “Altitude Chamber” Testing is conducted by the Aerospace Physiology Flight at 402-294-4400.
FAA physicals cannot be completed here. They must be examined by an FAA-designated Aviation Medical Examiner. Please go to https://www.faa.gov/, click on "Licenses & Certificates," then "Medical Certification" for link to local Aviation Medical Examiners in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area.