Personnel Reliability and Assurance (PRAP) Clinic
Medical and Dental Appointment Booking
Medical appointments can be booked by calling 402-232-CARE
(2273) or by using the TRICARE Online Patient Portal
. Dental Clinic appointments can be booked by calling 402-232-CARE (2273), Option 35. If you experience dental pain, tooth problems or have oral surgery post-operative concerns after duty hours, call 402-232-CARE (2273), option 2. Ensure you identify yourself as PRP/AUoF to the on-call dentist.
Walk-in services are non-urgent visits with a nurse or medical technician using approved protocols. Walk-in hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., for the following services:
- Urinary Tract Infection symptoms in females over age 18-64 (urinary frequency, burning or urgency). If accompanied by back/side/flank pain, please book an appointment with your provider. Please note that it can take 1-2 hours to receive your lab results
- Wart treatments after initial provider visit and establish plan of care
- Pregnancy testing if you meet the following criteria:
- Positive home pregnancy test or more than one week late for menstrual cycle
- No more than one walk-in pregnancy test will be authorized within a seven day timeframe
- Walk-in services are only for qualitative testing (positive or negative)
- Routine medication injections, such as depo-provera, B12, testosterone
- Follow-up suture or staple removal
- Provider-directed blood pressure checks
Emergency Room and Urgent Care Clinic Visits
PRAP members must notify their Unit PRAP Monitor prior to reporting to an ER or UCC for treatment. PRAP members must receive an authorization number prior to reporting to a UCC for care. Authorization numbers can be acquired by calling the Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-874-2273 after duty hours.
PRAP members are also required to schedule a follow-up appointment with their PCM after all ER and/or UCC visits. You must bring any prescribed medications to your follow-up appointment.
Prior to reporting for an off-base appointment, PRAP personnel must obtain a Memorandum for Off-Base Healthcare Provider from their Unit PRAP Monitor. The off-base provider needs to complete the memorandum prior to your departure. The completed memorandum must be turned into the PRP Clinic by COB the next duty day for CMA review and MTF PRAP Monitor notification to Unit PRAP Monitor.
Medical Profiles and Waivers
PRAP members seeking medical profiles or fitness waivers require a medical evaluation. An appointment can be scheduled by calling 402-232-CARE
(2273) or by using TRICARE Online Patient Portal
. Medical profile extensions may require re-evaluation. Requests for extensions can be made by sending a TRICARE Online Patient Portal Secure Message
or requesting a telephone consult by calling 402-232-CARE
(2273). The provider will review your medical history and you will be notified if the profile is extended or if an appointment is required. Navy PRP members seeking PRT waivers, need to bring their completed Physical Activity Risk Factor Questionnaire NAVPERS 6110/3P (Revised 02-2016) to their appointment.
Prescription Renewals and Diagnostic Test Results
PRAP members seeking prescription renewals, laboratory study and/or radiology/MRI results can send a message to the clinic using TRICARE Online Patient Portal Secure Message
or request a telephone consult by calling 402-232-CARE